Homestead (Intuit) store and PayPal Shipping issues

TotallyNuts
New Community Member

Hey Everyone,

I'm having an issue with my shopping cart through the Intuit Homestead sitebuider that I built. My website is http://www.totallynutsllc.com and when you add an item to the shopping cart and checkout it transfers you to the PayPal checkout page. For some reason whenever anyone enters  zip code to calculate shipping it doesn't charge them anything. I pretty much understand the whole Buy it now, and add to cart buttons, but with the Intuit websites they have they're own cart and then they just use PayPal for the checkout. Does anyone know how to get this so it charges a fee for shipping? You can test it out by adding something to the cart and checking out, to see what I'm talking about. Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Olivia

Hi TotallyNuts,

Welcome to the forums!

I tested this out, using different zip codes, and after I click calculate it does show the shipping amount. I tried selecting international and specified a country and it did not calculate any shipping. If you didn't set up any international shipping parameters, that would happen. However, as far as I could see, domestic shipping calculations are working. Have you changed something since your last post? If you did, it looks like you found the solution!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

thejewelryladyd
New Community Member

hello, i too am setting up a web site via intuit homestead.  i have been getting all my buttons set up.  i have checked on line to make sure things are working and they seem to be.  but how do you set shipping fees if they are different than the standard USPS fees.  for instance, one item is $3.00  , 1-8 items is flat rate 4.95, over 50 dollars is free.  how do i set this up/ 

And i think i have just a personal account.  when i go to check up the premier account it seems that i have to create buttons or something.  i am new to this and appreciate any help you can give me.

thanks so much.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi thejewelryladyd,

Welcome to the community!

If you log into your account at http://www.paypal.com/, your account type will appear in the upper-left area, right below the My Account tab and the greeting with your name. There is also an upgrade link there if your account is a personal account.

If you're creating buttons through PayPal, you can set up shipping preferences in your Profile settings. However, it sounds to me like Homestead may have some other method of doing this for you, so changing the settings in your PayPal account may conflict with that.

As far as use of Homestead goes, maybe there is a member here with some experience using that website building service who can offer advice, but you might also want to look for your answer on Intuit's website, or in their community forums. I hope you find your answer quickly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.