Assistance Needed with Reversing a Transaction Due to Age Restriction on My Account

myaahhhh
Contributor
Contributor

context: I'm new to PayPal and didn't research before opening an account. I'm 17 and since PayPal can only be used by 18+ my account is now "limited" (so I cannot complete the verification process to keep using the account). However, before becoming "limited", a friend sent me about $30 to my account. But now I’m not able to accept it because of this.

Since I won't be able to use the money I want them to get the money back. I was wondering if I could just delete / deactivate my account will they get the money back? Or will it be locked in PayPal? Is there any way I can get the money back to them ASAP? Any help is appreciated.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Cissenouho05
you had to do how much to someone who could create an account for you in their name until you were 18
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@myaahhhh 

If you could not accept the money then it should show as unclaimed on the senders side?

Check if that is the case and if it is then the funds would go back to them 30 days post sending. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

myaahhhh
Contributor
Contributor

thats really weird, i asked them if it has gone through and they said yes? i cant find an email for Paypal either so that I could email them abt this problem

Login to Me Too

myaahhhh
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass its really weird, i asked them and they said the transaction was sent to my side, I also contacted Paypal via twitter, no reply yet. Is there any other way I can do this asap? thank you

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.