If Item not as described is ineligible for Buyer protection, what does qualify for Buyer Protection

wengsengtam
Contributor
Contributor

Not As Described - Appeal Closed - "The case was closed because this transaction is  ineligible for PayPal's Buyer Protection"

If a merchant providing a service that is "Not as descrcribed" does not fall under Pay Pal's Buyer Protection than is there any situation where PayPal will try to protect the buyer? I guess we should rebrand PayPal to Merchant's Pal.

According to PayPal employees, the job role "Indecent Response" instead of "Incident Response" is an okay substitution. Sydney, Australia is actually Sydney, Australia, MALAYSIA. That is okay too. Apparently, when I hire a CV writer, I am also required to do basic proofreading of their resume.

According to PayPal, the merchant is allowed to decline making any serious effort to repair or replace my resume that I hired them to write and can decline my request for refund.

According to PayPal, an Australian business is allowed to violate Australian Consumer Protection Laws. It is clear that the employees of PayPal have zero knowledge about Australian law. Ignorance is no excuse in the eye of the law.

I guess this will just be another story on the Internet about how PayPal has become an unconditional friend to merchants. Sell your products with PayPal, you will be protected from unhappy buyer who want a product or service that they paid for. Paypal will do everything to protect you as the seller.

#MerchantProtection #NoBuyerProtection #WhatBuyerProtection #MerchantPal #PayPal

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@wengsengtam 

Item has to be ''significantly'' other than as described as Paypal don't get involved in quality of an item / service.

Paypal gives you 'some' buyer and 'some' seller protection as it can't protect both parties 100% at the same time.

If you are not covered by Paypals buyer protection policy then of course you may have recourse in a small claims court (if you have that in your country) to seek compensation under your countries consumer protection laws.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.