Is there a way for me to transfer AUD from paypal for a New Zealand business?

LPFNZ
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Seems it is almost an impossibility to avoid less than optimal exchange rates but here goes.

I have a Paypal account set up for a business located in NZ which also accepts payments in AUD from Australia operations. I am trying to transfer the AUD funds to a Wise AUD account to get a better exchange rate when I convert the AUD to NZD.

I am only allowed to link a bank account in NZD within paypal. 

Is there a way for me to transfer AUD from paypal to another non paypal account?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LPFNZ 

Withdrawals to bank accounts are only in local currency.

Also Paypal does not support Wise / Payoneer (or any other virtual banks).
Whilst you can sometimes add an account it wouldn't work properly and Paypal advise you against trying.
If you do succeed then Paypal wouldn't be responsible for any missing funds to or from that virtual / digital bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LPFNZ 

Withdrawals to bank accounts are only in local currency.

Also Paypal does not support Wise / Payoneer (or any other virtual banks).
Whilst you can sometimes add an account it wouldn't work properly and Paypal advise you against trying.
If you do succeed then Paypal wouldn't be responsible for any missing funds to or from that virtual / digital bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

LPFNZ
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for confirming.

Self managing foriegn currency exchange should be available to businesses. I am happy to accept responsibility 🙂

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LPFNZ 

ok!

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.