Refund refused on broken item received in transit. Buyer protection failed

Monny70
Contributor
Contributor
I received an item which appears to have been quite badly broken by the courier. Couldn’t work it out with the seller so I claimed a refund, sending any appropriate information I had. Have been refused a refund twice (I appealed after the first time) with the reason being ‘ they didn’t receive a response with supporting details for the case’. I sent photos, copies of letters explaining the damage and cost of repair, etc. I was still refused. Buyer protection claims you will receive a full refund if an item is broken in transit! Any advice from members?
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Monny70 

Phone them and appeal?

https://www.paypal.com/cshelp/article/how-do-i-contact-paypal-customer-service--HELP378

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Monny70
Contributor
Contributor
I have appealed once and resubmitted all the evidence I had regarding the item seemingly broken in transit. They still refused my claim, again saying- ‘… The decision was made because we didn't receive a response from you with supporting details for the case.’ Twice now, is it actually worth appealing again? They claim all broken items will be refunded under buyer protection.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Monny70 

Well i would ring and speak to someone and ask why you are getting refused?

Failing that if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card you could try a chargeback?

Or lastly if the seller is UK as well then small claims court?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Monny70
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. TBH, trying to speak to someone ‘live’ is very difficult- when I did speak to someone from PayPal, he seemed more like an agent who didn’t seem to have the power to intervene- only pass on my concerns to a higher level (which resulted in an appeal and same decision despite sending them evidence/emails. I think you are probably right about going through my CC, they have always been helpful in the past.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.