Transfer US dollars from a paypal account in Europe avoiding convertion into euro

Vale_mari
Contributor
Contributor

Dear PayPal community,

I cannot send my USD from PayPal to my multi-currency bank account, because they are automatically converted into euros.

In this post, I read that changing some settings it could be done. In an online article from a blog I read the same thing.
Anyway, the customer service yesterday told me by phone that this is impossible, they said that if I am in Europe my USD we'll be always automatically converted into euros before I can send them anywhere. 
Is that true? Is there any way I can send my USD without having them automatically converted into euros?
Thank you, I'm really seeking for help.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Vale_mari 

Withdrawals to bank accounts are always in local currencies or the opening currency of the paypal account if that currency is not supported.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Vale_mari
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass that would mean that if I send money (USD) to an international bank (I don't know if they have a local currency) that operates in USD (revault, just to be clear) which I settled on USD and I use it in USD, they should arrive in USD, right? But they don't, they're automatically converted in euros by Paypal. Is it normal? Is there a way to avoid that? Sorry if I'm still asking, but the situation is still not clear to me.
Thanks

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Vale_mari 

Are you talking about withdrawing funds to a bank account OR sending the funds to another paypal account?

Only I thought you were talking about the former?

If its the latter then funds in your balance have to be in the currency the recipient accepts.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Vale_mari
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 
I'm talking about sending USD from my paypal account to my bank account (Revault, a multicurrency account which I setted in USD) avoiding the automatic conversion in euros. If that's not possible I'm quite sure I'm gonna drop paypal
(I appreciate your voluntary help)

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Vale_mari 

You have to withdraw to bank accounts in local currency.

Also paypal does support any virtual / digital banks like Payoneer or Wise if Revolut is one of those? 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Vale_mari
Contributor
Contributor

Is it local currency the one from where I'm living? Or is it the bank's one?
If you mean that I can only send money in the currency of where I'm living, it means that I cannot move USD from paypal to an USD bank account (Yes, Revault is like Wise, but bigger and more structured) without having them converted in euros.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Vale_mari 

Local currency in your country is the euro.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.