account blocked. can't withdraw money

Jambul
Contributor
Contributor

my paypal account was blocked for half a year for some unknown reason. after half a year i was able to withdraw my assets from paypal, but when i try to link a card, personal account or transfer money i get an error that my account is still restricted. what can this be and how can i withdraw my money?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jambul 

If you had a permanent limitation then it means you can never use paypal again or open another paypal account.

The 180 days (half a year) only affects any funds in that limited paypal account as after that time period you can normally withdraw the funds.

However it does not mean you are allowed to use the account again.

You can normally withdraw via any linked bank account / card already on your permanently limited account. I don't think you can add a funding source to that account.

So your best option is to contact customer services and ask them to link a bank or card for you.
https://www.paypal.com/us/cshelp/article/how-do-i-contact-paypal-customer-service--help378

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jambul
Contributor
Contributor

I was sent an email that I can withdraw my money, but when I went in and tried to do it, it gave me an error. i don't know why.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.