I would like to add my USD bank account from my Canadian bank into PayPal

Empress3
Contributor
Contributor

How can I link a USD bank account that is situated in Canada to PayPal? I have a router number [Removed] for my bank. What numbers do I add afterwards (I need the proper info to put in ... do I add any dashes, and do I also include the financial institution number)? I am including all those as well as the bank account number, but it isn't working.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @Empress3,

Welcome to our community help forum and thanks for posting here!

Sorry to hear that you're not able to link your bank account. Unfortunately, there are some banks that aren't compatible for use with PayPal. This may include most online or prepaid banks. You can find the steps to link your bank account in our help center article and you can also find the possible reasons for the bank decline here : Why can't I add my bank account to my PayPal account

I hope this information helps!

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Empress3
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there:

Actually, I was finally able to link my USD bank account with PayPal's help (my recent phone conversation with them). I had forgotten to mention this here. They had asked for some documentation about my company and I provided it to them. All is good now! 🙂

Login to Me Too

houseofblanks
Contributor
Contributor

Did you have to tell them anything specific?  I have been trying to link my USD bank account at RBC to may Canadian PayPal account and they kept telling me that I can't link my USD account and the only way to transfer out the USD funds in my PayPal is to exchange them to CAD, which I do not want to do.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.