I received an email but I don't know if it's real or fake. It says:

Ashhhhhh
New Community Member

To verify your identity and secure the transaction, please obtain a €30 prepaid credit card. This step ensures the bank recognizes you as the recipient in Europe. We apologize for the extra step. To purchase the prepaid credit card, click this link...

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Shradha

Hello @Ashhhhhh,

Welcome and thank your for posting your concern.

I understand your concern as you wanted to know the email you received is from PayPal or fake. Kindly check your resolution centre by log in to your PayPal account. If you do not see any activity like the one referenced in the text or email notification, it's most likely that text or email was not from PayPal. 

Usually in a scam email, asks you to click links which will take you to a fake website. A link could look perfectly secure like www.paypal.com/SpecialOffers. Don't click on the link and kindly check links in an email by keeping your curser over the link to see the true destination. Requesting you to refer the help centre article to confirm that this email is a scam or not. 

For further queries, kindly reach out to our customer support team to get an understanding of the possible solution to the issue raised. Please reach out to the Support Team during business hours by clicking the Contact option at the bottom of PayPal page. If your unable to login into your PayPal account do reach us via phone and kindly select "Call us as Guest". 

Hope this information is helpful for your!

Warm Regards,
Shradha 
If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.