Linking personal bank account to Paypal personal and business accounts

BrentReid
Contributor
Contributor
I've just set up a separate PayPal business account but it won't let me add my personal bank details. I just keep getting this message: 

"We're sorry, that bank account is already linked to the maximum number of PayPal accounts."

I already have a PayPal personal account and PayPal says you can add the same bank details to both; any idea what, if anything, I'm doing wrong?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

BrentReid
Contributor
Contributor

If anyone's interested, I ended up calling PayPal's helpline, where someone confirmed there was a glitch in the system and manually linked my bank details at their end.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BrentReid 

You can only add a bank account to x1 paypal account as per link.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cshelp/article/why-cant-i-link-a-bank-account-to-my-paypal-account-HELP199

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

BrentReid
Contributor
Contributor

Ah, right. So where I've repeatedly seen that a bank account can be added to more than one PayPal account, it means just one at a time?

Login to Me Too

BrentReid
Contributor
Contributor

I've removed my bank account details from my personal PayPal account and tried to add them to my business account but am now getting this message:

"This account needs a little help to link it. Contact us and we can help with that, or you can link a different account."

The "Contact us" link just goes to a help page which sends me round in circles. Help!

Login to Me Too
Solved

BrentReid
Contributor
Contributor

If anyone's interested, I ended up calling PayPal's helpline, where someone confirmed there was a glitch in the system and manually linked my bank details at their end.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.