Pending Transaction - CLearly Declined by Merchant

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Why is my transaction on hold by Paypal when it was declined? I was assured by the merchant (HP) that there is nothing on their end to cancel. At this point, it seems PayPal is more of a headache to me, the consumer, than a solution. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anonymous_User 

When you pay a company then it is often pending or awaiting authorisation until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment.

If they don't process the order and capture that payment then the pending status times out at 30 days post-payment and returns back to your funding source.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

30 days is a lot. the PayPal service seems more beneficial to the merchant and ensures they receive their money than the buyer checking out. I'll reconsider Paypal as a checkout option in the future. I lost the opportunity of a special just because I was not able to cancel the order and reorder in time. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anonymous_User 

Paypal payments are pending for 30 days to allow merchants the time to capture them and process the order.

What you think of that or whether you will be using paypal again really doesn't matter to me at all.

Equally the fact you missed out on goods is between you and paypal and nothing to do with anyone on here.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.