Paybis voucher to recieve money

Natte9595
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! This guy is trying to send me money, but claims that I need to get a voucher from paybis.com to recieve money, since it is an "international transaction", I have never heard that I need to pay anything to recieve money trough PayPal, fees and such are usually drawn of by PayPal. He has the usd currency and I the Euro currency. But has it changed? I haven't used PayPal in many years, so for me it's hard to tell whats what here. Is he a fraud that is trying to take money from me? What should I do?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Natte9595 

SCAM.

You never pay any upfront fee as a seller.

Ignore scammers that send fake Paypal emails telling you that you need to pay an upfront fee to verify/upgrade to a business account/or any other reason to accept a payment.

You would certainly never have to send funds especially via another payment processor/bitcoins/ or tokens/vouchers of any sort.

Any fee is auto deducted by Paypal at the same instant the remainder of the payment is credited to your Paypal account balance.

No funds in your balance = you have not yet been paid, even pending/held payments will still show in your Paypal account activity.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Natte9595 

SCAM.

You never pay any upfront fee as a seller.

Ignore scammers that send fake Paypal emails telling you that you need to pay an upfront fee to verify/upgrade to a business account/or any other reason to accept a payment.

You would certainly never have to send funds especially via another payment processor/bitcoins/ or tokens/vouchers of any sort.

Any fee is auto deducted by Paypal at the same instant the remainder of the payment is credited to your Paypal account balance.

No funds in your balance = you have not yet been paid, even pending/held payments will still show in your Paypal account activity.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

majocrkr
Contributor
Contributor
That just happend to me too! Thank goodness I didn't fall for it!
Login to Me Too

archbelle4
New Community Member
I think I have the same problem, but they are really good at it. I’ve recieved a screenshot of what seems to be paypals website with the transaction but that i need to pay $20 to get it. But I have nothing on my email or app so I can’t do anything. Isn’t this a weird scam???
Login to Me Too

Mom_of_3_boys
New Community Member
Just happened to me. Showed me the conversion to Canadian and everything. He is also sending videos of women thanking him for their money. Now he’s mad and keeps asking why I don’t trust him, why would he want to hurt me, and so on. Also, it’s funny how he only was willing to send using PayPal too.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.