Refund/provisional credit

Chaosdragon
Contributor
Contributor
I made a dispute December 4 2023 which was given a $104.99 provisional credit on a $518.99 transaction on December 14th 2023. My account has been permanently limited and received an email stating case closed in my favor and can withdrawal my funds. Nothing is in my account and doesn’t show any refund so called PayPal who stated they were confused what happened as a refund was attempted 5 times on March 5th and they couldn’t process it into my balance which is when my account became limited and no money is in my account still and only answer I get told is that the decision to limit my account is permanent and they appreciate that I want to regain use of my account but not allowed. But nobody will tell me why the activity log does not show anything regarding a refund or pending just like that. Just that 180 days to be allowed to withdrawal my money that doesn’t even show in my account. What does this mean? It feels like something is wrong when I only want to see the refund occurred which then I’ll wait the 180 days. I want to actually see the refund took place and see the money reflected in my account. How can I get proof they processed a refund??
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Chaosdragon
Contributor
Contributor
I wish it was that simple as that’s who keeps saying the same thing to me about “thanks for wanting to keep using PayPal but our decision is final and your account remains closed”. The only time I got a different response was asking for the transaction I spoke of and then that message disappeared and became the same statement over and over again 14 times gave same response to me but with just a different name attached the response. It was like they copied and pasted and changed the name attached who said it
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Chaosdragon 

You can rarely appeal a permanent ban but if you want to try an appeal then contact customer services.

They 'may' pass it to the back office but the chances of the appeal being successful are slim. Paypal state that the decision is not made lightly and once made is usually final.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cshelp/article/how-do-i-contact-paypal-customer-service--help378

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.