How to add the new PayPal Savings account to Quicken?

ErnieV1
Contributor
Contributor

I use Quicken personal Finance to manage my bank accounts. I have the regular PayPal account and the PayPal Credit account on Quicken.  I am able to download transactions from these two accounts with no problem.  Recently I added the new PayPal Savings account. However, I am not able to add this account to Quicken.  Has anyone experienced this problem?  I am curious to know if the problem is with PayPal or Quicken.  I suspect the problem is with PayPal since this is a brand new type of account they may have not updated their program interface with Quicken.  Any info on this issue would be appreciated from the Community or PayPal.  Thank you.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @ErnieV1

Congratulations on your first post in the PayPal Community! 

I understand you'd like to add your PayPal Savings information to Quicken, and I apologize that it hasn't been an easy task. I am not the most familiar with Quicken, but from some research, it seems like you might be able to add the account using the PayPal Savings account number. If that's correct, you can locate your PayPal Savings account number on your PayPal Savings Statement. To locate your statements, please follow these steps: 

1. On a desktop browser, select 'Finances' at the top of your page. 

2. Next, select 'Savings' from the bar at the top. 

3. On the far right of the page, select 'View Statements' in blue. 

4. Select any statement to download. 

Your account number will show at the top of the statements. Contact information for the PayPal Savings Customer Support teams also shows at the bottom of your statement. 

I regret that I wasn't able to provide you with an exact answer for how to integrate the two accounts, but I hope this information helps! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

ErnieV1
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your response.  Unfortunately, that does not resolve the issue.  It appears to me that PayPal needs to update their system to allow this new type of account to to added to Quicken. As I may have mentioned before I have PayPal Credit Account and a regular PayPal account.  Those two accounts I can add to Quicken. Maybe PayPal will do something soon to resolve this issue. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Thank you again.

Login to Me Too

KerryProofs
New Community Member

Hi, Ernie--I'm having the same trouble. I tried entering the PayPal Savings account using Synchrony (since PayPal isn't a bank, as they remind us from time to time), and that didn't work either.  Hope there's a moderator who's paying attention!!  We need to be able to add PayPal Savings accounts to Quicken.  Thanks.

Login to Me Too

txbatman90
New Community Member

Having the same issue. With other financial accounts, I've been successful in finding the "key" to make it work. In this case, I don't believe the issue has been resolved by Paypal or Quicken. All "official" instructions would lead you to believe it can be done, but Savings data WILL NOT populate.

Login to Me Too

ErnieV1
Contributor
Contributor

I can see the issue has not been resolved yet.  I guess no PayPal moderator is monitoring these conversations.  I can't understand why PayPal can't provide some kind of response.  Maybe if we all cancelled our PayPal accounts it will get their attention. Terrible customer service.

Login to Me Too

ManiacDC
New Community Member

Also having this issue, I'm unable to see the Paypal Savings account to add it to Quicken.

Login to Me Too

I am also having this issue.  It's either an issue with Paypal or Synchrony Bank, who holds the savings accounts.

Login to Me Too

RickD3
New Community Member

I am also having issues with adding PayPal Savings to Quicken. Until this is resolved, I will just do it manually.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.