My Ebay refund goes to the wrong debit card that is already expired/closed

NajibRazak
Contributor
Contributor

HELP! My Ebay refund goes to the wrong debit card that is already expired/closed. It was closed before i even received my payments so i updated to my new debit card after that. I'm trying to claim the refund back and sent 2 emails to customer support but i keep getting this not helpful at all automated email from paypal customer support! I put all of my informations from my previous debit card and new debit card. I hope that one or two employees will see this problem for these two transactions in my paypal account. I live in Italy btw.

Transaction ID: 6K033120MN675122L

Transaction ID: 38R67322GM374191B

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

NajibRazak
Contributor
Contributor

@DPCreations wrote:

A prepaid card is not linked to a bank account, so a refund would go back to that specific card.  You should call the phone number for that card to figure out where the funds are.

If the funds return fails, the money should go back to your PayPal account in less than 30 days.

so i called paypal this morning and solved the problem. I just need to go to my bank and transfer the money from my old card to new card. If the refund goes back to the shop debit card then i'll have to call them. Thank you for your answer btw.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

This is a user forum.  PayPal support does not respond publiclly to account-specific issues.

You need to phone PayPal customer support for this type issues.  Click on the "contact" link at the bottom of the page for options.

Specifically what type of debit card?  Is it for your bank account?

Login to Me Too

NajibRazak
Contributor
Contributor

The previous one was normal debit card or prepaid card without IBAN and the new one is bank account mastercard. I think i should call them then.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

A prepaid card is not linked to a bank account, so a refund would go back to that specific card.  You should call the phone number for that card to figure out where the funds are.

If the funds return fails, the money should go back to your PayPal account in less than 30 days.

Login to Me Too
Solved

NajibRazak
Contributor
Contributor

@DPCreations wrote:

so i called paypal this morning and solved the problem. I just need to go to my bank and transfer the money from my old card to new card. If the refund goes back to the shop debit card then i'll have to call them. Thank you for your answer btw.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.