Shipping Override Problem

hawkmountain
Contributor
Contributor

I am using flat amount shipping using the calculator (CAN). All my buttons are saved on Paypal. I have several buttons which I clicked on the radio button to allow for an override of the regular shipping charges and entered specific shipping amounts.

On my shipping preferences page, it shows the amounts for the shipping calculator. At the bottom of the page it shows a box to click which will override the shipping calculator for item specific shipping. I clicked the box and saved. Nothing happens. The shipping override isn't working. What am I doing wrong?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

jminnie
New Community Member

Hi, I've had precisely the same problem. Buttons previously set up with override working, now charge shipping. Updating the override checkbox didn't work. Talked at length to support, who said they'd submit a ticket, but as the first complainant, they'd first want to see if it happens with anyone else. So start posting guys!

At any rate, decided to take the flat rate shipping out in the meantime and charge no shipping at all. Couldn't do it! Any changes made to the flat rate table were immediately replaced with my original numbers! Finally, out of desperation, clicked the "Clear Settings" button on the Shipping Calculations page and lo and behold, the flat rate shipping rates didn't clear, but the checkbox is now checked for override. Go figure!

Something's definitely amiss on PayPal right now, bunch of strange behaviours including login not functioning normally, support email form has no submit button, settings not setting,...

Login to Me Too

hawkmountain
Contributor
Contributor

Spent over 30 minutes on the phone with Paypal, but got the problem corrected.

Went to shipping calculations and clicked the 'clear settings' button.

After that, the little X stayed in the box for the override.

My problem is fixed for now. They did tell me to keep an eye on it, and if it reverted back to the shipping chart for the items marked for the override, to do the same thing again (clearing the settings).

Hope this helps you too.

Login to Me Too

jawzy
Contributor
Contributor

We just found out that the box came unchecked for over riding our shipping preferences. 2 of our orders we not charged any shipping costs. We went through alot of trouble to correct this but finally did. I guess we are going to have to contact the customers to recoup the shipping costs now????I really dont understand why this happened.

Login to Me Too

bneall
Contributor
Contributor

I am having a similar problem. I want to use the shipping options I have set up with my shopping cart vendor so tried to select the option "Click here to allow transaction-based shipping values to override the profile shipping settings listed above (if profile settings are enabled)." When I save, the checked box reverts back to unchecked and when I check my profile, I go through a similar exercise and get the same result. My customers are not getting charged shipping and I am having to invoice separately. I will be calling PayPal tomorrow

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.