Different rules on different accounts

tednsue
Contributor
Contributor

I have been buying and selling on ebay for a number of years. Recently I decided to test the waters and see if I could go full time. As a test I wanted to list as much as possible. I saw I had an ebay limit of 20 free listings a month and a pay pal limit of £2000 a year. This was to be reviewed in 1918 and that has updates to 1926, yes 19 not 20

Obviously I need to update my paypal account to a buisness one which I have started doing.I have now waited 5 days for my paypal code to appear on my bank account, but that is another problem

So I also set up a second ebay account to increas my listing allowance. I want to keep my costs minimul while I test the waters.Obviously I do not have the feedback which is a pity as I have excellent feedback, is there a way to link the accounts?

This second paypal account is allowing me recieve up to £3000 a month, this is not a buisness acount.

Can anybody explain what is going on

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

So how many Paypal accounts do you have?

The first one is 2000 pounds,second one is business account waiting for Paypal code and now another one with 3000 pounds limit and is not a business account?

Your first Ebay account listing limit is 20 per month,and your second Ebay account will probably be limited as well.

The sad part of opening multiple Ebay accounts is that Ebay search engine Cassini not only search but also hide,new account,low feedback,common merchandise will not give you the visibility .

If you want to list more,you can always ask EBAY to grant you more free listings.

For seller,you can specify on your listing that you accept Paypal and the emai address of your Paypal account  so payment will go to that paypal account.

Login to Me Too

tednsue
Contributor
Contributor

Thankyou for the responce

I have 2 paypal accounts

One personal account has a £2000 a year limit, this one I am trying to update to a buisness acount

The second one has a £3000 a month limit

In the long run I will run a single buisness account. I have just set this up for now as I experimant

I am surprised by thextreem differences between 2 personal accounts

I was wondering if anybody understood the reasoning

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.