Unable to log into account

A_Wasted_Evenin
Contributor
Contributor

thsi evening I have wasted two hours of my life TRYING to log into my account.

This consisted of having to enter a new password as my original wasnt accepeted....only to keep getting asked to enter a new password.

I have used Caps,lowercase, symbols and/or numbers to keep repeatedly get asked to enter a new password.

I have also tried verifying myself using the" For extra security, please verify some additional information to confirm your PayPal account ownership".

This showed me the last two digits of my account number and I had to enter the full number underneath...this i did..

..only to get the error message

We have detected an error in the link or button that you just used. It referred to an email address that is unrecognised by our system. Please contact the person who provided you with the link or button and have them correct their email address

If thats the case how the **bleep** did Paypal manage to send umpteen chuffing codes to reset my numerous attempts to create a new password AND show the last two digits of my bank account ????

I  have had to create a new account just so I can get on here but obviously I wont be able to add my bank details because the email address that is suddenly "unrecognised" holds those !

So please someone advise me because im on the verge of running into a wall head first !!!!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

First have a nice cup of tea to calm you down and then the best thing to do is phone customer services........yes i know...........but stay calm and they should help you >>>

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

OR have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

First have a nice cup of tea to calm you down and then the best thing to do is phone customer services........yes i know...........but stay calm and they should help you >>>

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

OR have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

camberwell
New Community Member

15/2/15...for the last week unable to log into ....pay and confirm .......had no prev. probs ..changed password still no joy ......firefox tells me request is going elswhere ???.........made various contacts    with ebay and pay pal ..no solution ...shoul i close acc. and start again  ??will i lose all my purchase history..??..and my bank details would remain the same ......must be an answer ....any one help cheers

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.