A transfer i made to my bank account says completed but money doesnt appear on bank account

Eda
New Community Member

A transfer i made to my bank account says completed but money doesnt appear on bank account.  Any clue about why this happens? They withdrew from paypal, but my bank account doesnt have the deposit from paypal. 😞

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

youngheuahn
New Community Member

me too.. what happen..:(

Login to Me Too

xo0x
Contributor
Contributor

This is happening to me too I transferred funds 2 days ago and now it says completed but the money hasn't shown up into my bank account what's the deal paypal you broke? 😄

Login to Me Too

oldskooldawgz
New Community Member

bump!! same thing going on here and im getting angrier and angrier i also transfered 5 in and its still processing after a week

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi everyone!

US bank transfers, into or out of PayPal, can take three to five business days (holidays and weekends don't count). 

Withdrawals will show completed earlier than this, however.  In that case, the "Completed" status that you see in PayPal only means that we have deducted the funds out of your balance and handed them over to our merchant processor to begin the withdrawal process.

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

le3030
New Community Member

So Paypal and or the bank are making interest each day that goes by with everyones money.  Imagine if they just got one percent a day.  They are dealing with millions of dollars each day... not to mention the 2-5 days that they hold on to our money.  So that is 3-5 days of interest....Seriously?  

Login to Me Too

garciado
New Community Member

I have to agree with everyone else, 3-5 days for money to move from Paypal to my bank is really unacceptable. Electronic transfers are immediate (except maybe to China), and even if it took a day to post to Paypal's merchant, then a day to the bank, that would be 2 days. Is Paypal making money on the money while it sits?

Login to Me Too

Moonraker44A
New Community Member

On October 23, 2010, I used my papal account to send my wife $50.00.  She was out of town and needed some additional cash for her trip.  My account was debited $50.00 however my wife has not received the deposit.  Today is November 11, 2010 no deposit has been made to her bank account.. It has been approximately 18 days and no deposit yet. How long does it take for a simple transaction.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Moonraker44A,

Welcome to the boards!

Has your wife logged into her account and withdrawn the funds?  Payments that are received into a PayPal account are not automatically sent to the account holders bank account.  She can do this by logging in, then clicking on "Withdraw" up at the top.  Once she does, it will take about three to five business days to complete the withdrawal process.

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.