sending money to a seller on gumtree.

mikeness66
New Community Member

Hiya guys!

I need a little advice on something.

I have been an ad on gumtree for an ipad mini for £140 and they said they accept paypal. The problem is the seller lives in birmingham and I live in west sussex! If i sent the person the money via paypal but they do not send the item then where do I stand at getting my money back? £140 is a lot of money to loose. If i pay via paypal and not get the item and i set up a dispute but nothing happens still then do paypal refund my money back? I don't want to chance it but it sounds too good to be true. The seller claims it's an unwanted gift. Help please! Many thanks

Luke

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

As long as you meet all the requirements of buyer protection eg pay via goods and not gift then you are covered for non receipt of item.

The slightly trickier one is item received but not as described as if that is the case paypal have to decide who to believe and you have to send the item back trackable at your own expense before you get a refund.

So read up on buyer protection and risk assess your transaction and if it seems too good to be true then it probably is.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.