Hermes lost parcel

Coop20
New Community Member
Hi I sold a some trainers and he paid through PayPal hermes then lost the trainer's accepted responsibly but only gave me a £20 refund. I paid the money back to the buyer but I am £235 out of pocket can I claim with PayPal.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Coop20 

For an item that expensive i think you should have taken out insurance........

https://www.myhermes.co.uk/terms-and-conditions

If you do not take out our Full Cover for a Parcel that is not a Postage Refund Only Product, we will only be liable to pay the lesser of £20 of the cost or repair if we damage your Parcel or the value of the lost or damaged Parcel and we will refund your Charges.

If you take out our Full Cover, then our liability will be limited to the lesser of the amount of Cover you purchased (up to the maximum level of £300) or the cost of repair/replacement if we damage or lose your Parcel and we will refund your Charges.

Where you submit an Order for a Parcel that is a Postage Refund Only Product, Hermes liability for Loss or Damage or Late Delivery is limited to the Charges paid by you for the Postage Refund Only Product.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.