Buyer is saying did not recieve item sent next day recorded insured ?????

wilson09
Contributor
Contributor

Sent a gold bracelet to winning bidder ammount was 1,282.00 GBP they signed for the packet and are now disputing they did not recieve!!! Paypal being very vague !! Money is being held while they are investigating!!! I provided my reciept of postage and seems I am always waiting for the buyer to make cntact with paypal! Had email to my ebay account from the buyer saying I have caused his wife to have a miscarage ect..... I feel like crap I am 1,282.00 down plus 50 pounds fees and now have this message on my mind..... what can I do what will the outcome be..... I will never sell on ebay again after this

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

wilson09
Contributor
Contributor

what about my fee's paid postage ect.... I'm the loser all over its bloody wrong !!!!!!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Say they found in your favour then the buyer could be on here complaining that it was all wrong that they paid for an item and only got an empty box.

You are the one that had the contract with RM so only you can put in a claim and add the police report number.

Good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

wilson09
Contributor
Contributor

I have put that to RM they are stating the item was received as the weight is recorded at the post office on receipt and that special next day delivery does not have mail go missing as its a very strict service! They will not let me claim as they a saying the buyer removed the item so its between me and paypal...... I have lost alot of money here and i feel like bloody crying it was my family holiday spending money now we have nothing all because of paypal's policy .............. It is very wrong

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

In that case keep any info you have from royal mail including the bit about the weight of the item.

Then get your police report and consider the option of taking the buyer to the small claims court.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

wilson09
Contributor
Contributor

should not have to take them to small claims court! I should have been protected by paypal..... Should paypal not have protected me as the seller????

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

But they should also protect the buyer.

There is buyer and seller protection and they are never in this situation going to win.

When there is an intermediary eg RM it is never a black and white situation.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

wilson09
Contributor
Contributor

So why am the one losing my property and my money and also paying out my own pocket for fee's ????  This is so so wrong what would you do in my position ??? RM say i have no claim end of conversation.... I file dispute with paypal still no item or money back.... Take paypal to court ??? I cannot take buyer to court as it has to be done through paypal who seem to think they are the law ................  I want a solution to get my money or item back!!   I will hound this forum,paypal,ebay  ect for the rest of my life if i have too !! I am a broken person after this I have no faith in any secure selling site or company anymore.....

Login to Me Too

InnovationSigns
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

First off, sorry to hear about your situation, I wish you good luck finding a resolution.

Secondly, I do believe that this is between RM and yourself. Paypal wouldn't seem to have any power in this situation as it lies with the intermediary company. It doesn't seem reasonable that RM can just dismiss your case based on the fact that they think their service is 'all that'. 

At the end of the day, Paypal hasn't interacted with the package at any stage of the transaction, so I do believe this is down to RM. Considering that they are telling you that you have no claim and due to your circumstances and the amount of money involved, I would suggest you seek legal advise. 

Login to Me Too

wilson09
Contributor
Contributor

buyer has not been in contact with me about my packaging and is not answering my calls/emails........ I cannot make a prosecution claim against RM without original packaging so paypal have opened back up now as an appeal....

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.