Buy Now button with minimum quantity

olalolo
Contributor
Contributor

My situation:

Books 1-9 cost $9.95 each, $3.00 s&h per order

Books 10 or more cost $8.95 each, no charge for s&h

I created one button with options that allows the purchaser to buy 1 thru 9 books and that works okay.

I haven't been able to get the 10 or more button to work properly.

I also need a form created that will feed info from the shopper to PayPal and allow the shopper to buy books from PayPal.

I am willing to contract with someone for the right price.  You can send email to me, carol, using my domain.

Thanks!

Carol

www.ohawebstudio.com

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

skier
Advisor
Advisor

In order to do what you have in mind will require some custom scripting to manage the logic.  Check out the examples here.  You should find something close to what you need.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

olalolo
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much.  I am looking over the solution there to see if I can understand it enough to do it myself.

I do have another question.  Can this be done with PayPal using the Add to Shopping Cart option?

We have two books to sell, someday we'll have more.

First book sells for a set price, currently no shipping and handling charges.

Second book sells for $9.95 each for 1-9 copies with $3.00 s&h charge.

Second book sells for $8.95 each for 10 or more copies, no s&h charges.

I haven't come across a way to lock out the quantity change in the shopping cart for one item but not the other.

Thanks very much in advance.

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

You basically have two options, use a Buy Now item button code or the "upload" method item button code.  

Unfortunately using Add to Cart item button code, one can change the quantities, this behavior is by design cannot be changed.    Most folks opt to use the "upload" method and create a mini-cart type application, this does take a bit more coding and depending on your business needs may also require some custom scripting.   You can find "upload" examples and tips here. 

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.