How do you add a vanilla visa gift card?/ Force transaction

potentate
New Community Member

I was having some trouble as to how to add a vanilla visa gift card to paypal.

My previous vanilla would work, so i know it can be done.

Everytime i add the vanilla, it gives me the error. " card issuer does not allow checking the card's billing address.".

When i contacted my costumer support they told me to do a force transaction that they would accept it, which i have no idea how to do.

So was wondering how some of the people who have used this gift card have gone around the problem(cant shop online as everytime i do it asks for the address, which with my gift card denies anything that goes beyond the zipcode on the card, or have used the forced transaction.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

RyanKirby95

Maybe someone can verify this? I'm having the SAME exact problem.

I just used a 25$ gift card with no problem at all.

Right now though my 50$ gift card wont go through the adding process.

Login to Me Too

ober13
New Community Member

Im Having the same issue here tooSmiley Mad

Login to Me Too

RyanKirby952
New Community Member

Hey I figured it out! Create a new account! After you create your account, you will have two options. They include: Add Bank or Add Credit Card. Choose Add Credit Card. Enter your info and there! Go to profile and verify your Vanilla CC!

Login to Me Too

will-u-help
New Community Member

i did that but i cant spend any money? how do i make it so i can spend the money on the card?

Login to Me Too

Neko_Matty
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having issues. 

i tried to link my $50 gift card, but i put the wrong pin in 3 times; and it then denied the card. Now i tried to add the same card again and it keeps denying it! how do i add it!? HELP!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.