Using Paypal in China and Japan

DarkFoxTokoyami
New Community Member

I will be going to China and Japan for the summer.  First of all, I was wondering if the paypal Debit card could be used like a credit card (either with VISA or MasterCard).  Second, I was wondering if it would work in countries other than the United States, since I will be visiting Japan and China.  Finally, if it's possible to use the card in other countries, which balance will the card draw from?  I have enabled foreign currencies on my paypal account so I can send and receive Japanese Yen and Chinese Dollars without converting them to USD.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Amanda411

Hi DarkFoxTokoyami,

A PayPal Debit Card can be used at any ATM that is a part of the MasterCard/Maestro/Cirrus ATM network.

• It can be used to make purchases where the MasterCard logo is displayed.
  • A transaction will be subject to the PayPal U.S. Dollar balance and the daily limit.
  • The $1.00 USD ATM withdrawal fee applies to International ATM machines in addition to any fees that are charged by the bank that owns the ATM.
  • If you request an over-the-counter signature based cash withdrawal from a bank using your PayPal Debit Card, a $3.00 USD fee applies.
  • A 1% Foreign Transaction Fee will be added for cross border PayPal Debit Card payments or cash withdrawals.

Please see the "Debit Card Agreement" by clicking Legal Agreements for more information.

Amanda

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.