PayPal app is useless overseas

Mohamadrawas
Contributor
Contributor

Just wanted to let you know that your app is useless when used overseas! I was gone for 6 weeks visiting the Middle East and a payment was due and I couldn’t pay it on the app! I kept receiving past due emails from synchrony financial asking to pay my past due account like I was running away and refusing to pay my bills which I took it as an offense! Never missed a payment with PayPal at all and I’m really not happy at all. Your verification code process is useless overseas cuz US phone service doesn’t work period! So, maybe this is a wake up call to your company to improve the app and the process that comes with it when it comes to “ paying a bill overseas”!!!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mohamadrawas 

Maybe that is because paypal is country specific and should not be used in another country.

You were lucky your account was not limited as paypal could have suspected your account was hacked and being used by a scammer internationally.

Glad the app worked correctly and didn't let you use paypal internationally.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.