external barcode scanner

zubellali
New Community Member

is there or will there be an external barcode scanner to scan products rather than using the ipad

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

PayPal_david

Hey Zubellali,

Thanks for reaching out to us in regards to this.

Currently this isn't an option when selling items to have an external barcode scanner. This may change at some point in the future and I will ensure that your feedback is passed to the relevant teams so that they are aware that you have been enquiring about an external barcode scanner.

Thanks for letting us know.

David.

Login to Me Too

aquamatt
New Community Member

Any progress on this? It is very convient to be able to use an external scanner and seeing as the Windows version of your app is able to do so i would think IOS wouldn't be too far behind.

@PayPal_david wrote:

Hey Zubellali,

Thanks for reaching out to us in regards to this.

Currently this isn't an option when selling items to have an external barcode scanner. This may change at some point in the future and I will ensure that your feedback is passed to the relevant teams so that they are aware that you have been enquiring about an external barcode scanner.

Thanks for letting us know.

David.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi again aquamatt,

No update on an external scanner for now I am afraid. 

There is a barcode scanning option from within the iPad app. You can scan a barcode for an item you are uploading to your inventory on the app. Then every time you scan that barcode it will pre-populate the item in the checkout, ready to press charge.

We'll be sure to post if anything changes.

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

amongauthors
New Community Member

Is there a way to scan a barcode using the iphone or android app? if so how?

Login to Me Too

Haleywright
Contributor
Contributor
I am wondering the same thing!
Login to Me Too

audiownersclub
New Community Member

ditto that, seems strange that in this day and age of mobile phones with the capability, that only a feature for ipad is offered 😞

i'd love to be able to create barcodes for our products to then just easily scan them at checkout

Get on it paypal, stop sitting in the dark ages this has been raised months ago as a development want by your customers

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi @amongauthors , @Haleywright & @audiownersclub

Apologies for the delay. At this time it is only possible to add or create new items by using the a camera to scan barcodes if you are using a tablet. We will be sure to pass your feedback to the relevant team however. 

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

DBaker4
New Community Member
Can you just talk to the people at wasp and team up, cause I seriously need a barcode scan in my business, inventory alone is worth it! It would be amazing to do all of this from PayPal here!!!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.