Is there any way to disable pay in 4 on my account as I now overuse it as a payment method

charrrrllooottt
Contributor
Contributor
I love pay in 4 but I’m now using it irresponsibly and would like to have the option to disable it as a purchase method
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @charrrrllooottt

Thanks for joining the PayPal Community Forum! 

I understand you'd like to disable the option to use Pay in 4. I recommend reaching out to Customer Support through one of these options for assistance disabling it. 

I hope this helps!

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Joruth1980
Contributor
Contributor

I have been speaking to customer service for a while now and getting no where. Can I please get help with this issue. I'm so disappointed with the speed of reply and this matter is urgent. I need urgent help removing the pay in 4 payment option from my palpal account as I am over using it. I never even requested it and there is no way to monitor the amount of spending. PayPal is completely irresponsible in their way of managing this feature and helping customers feel in control. So extremely disappointed.

Login to Me Too

SPT92
New Community Member

I am also having this same issue , i was told this today 'Thank you for letting us know about this Shannon. Unfortunately, we don't have option here to block or remove that as an option on your end. You can just disregard that option and not use it if you don't want to but if you would like to use also, you can always feel free to use it.' 

I would have thought that Paypal would have a better response and should be made to act as this goes against responsible lending completely. these Schemes will soon be governed by ACCC as a credit product (at this point they're not somehow!) and hopefully the ability to close the line of credit will come with that. 

We can't even have our pay in 4 closed and get a closure letter to provide to the bank as these schemes affect borrowing capacity for a mortgage and a closure letter is required by our bank! 

What if someone is in financial hardship? they have to just 'choose not to use this feature'  ?? absolutely terrible from Paypal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.