Can I escalate an item not received claim as soon as I open it

Marjorie127
Contributor
Contributor

I opened a case in PayPal for an item not received I've already been in contact with the seller and their criteria for giving a refund is more than a little ridiculous. As well as the usual name, address, order number & tracking number they are demanding that I give them a hand written sworn statement that I my family or neighbours do not have the parcel. And on top of that they also want a clear photograph of my signature and a clear photograph of my id, I don't see the need for any of those and am not prepared to send them so I opened a PayPal case. My question is as I have already been in touch with the seller can I escalate a case as soon as I open it.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Marjorie127
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass Thank you, I was able to escalate to a claim this morning. Now I guess I just have to sit back and wait.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Marjorie127 

Put in as much information in the dispute section that you can and then escalate to a claim when you get that option.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

Marjorie127
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass Thank you, I was able to escalate to a claim this morning. Now I guess I just have to sit back and wait.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.