Dispute evidence

andreu1973
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could offer me advice about evidence that needs to be provided to paypal in the event of a dispute, as the evidence that I have given so far does not seem to be sufficient.

I opened a dispute with a seller after not receiving some goods that I bought online.

The seller provided tracking information to say that the goods were delivered and then would not answer any further questions.

The issue is that the tracking details that were provided are fraudulent and do not correspond with the item that I ordered, this was through fedex

Here is the evidence I have so far submitted.

The tracking number provided was generated over 3 hours before I made my purchase (I bought the item at 9.15 and the fedex item was registered at 6.05)

The fedex tracking number lists a different address to mine (it is the same city but a different postal/zip code)

The item I bought was 6kg. The fedex tracking information shows that the item that I have the tracking details for was only 0.4kg

When I go to the fedex website to track the item and I put my address in the details, it confirms that my address is different from the address for the item corresponding to the tracking number.

The tracking from fedex shows that it was signed for by b.Obby. There is no one of that name at my address

The tracking shows that the package was delivered at 15.06. I have sent my security cam footage for the front of my house with the time stamp on it to show that there was no delivery to my house at this time.

Im not sure what other evidence is required as my dispute has been closed twice simply saying tracking number shows item has been delivered.

I have sent pictures relating to all of this information to paypal

Can anyone offer any advice about what might be needed as Im at a loss given what I have already provided.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@andreu1973 

You're best bet is to give them a call pointing out everything you have stated on here and hope you get someone with a brain cell that can sort it for you?

https://www.paypal.com/cshelp/article/how-do-i-contact-paypal-customer-service--HELP378

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

andreu1973
Contributor
Contributor

The problem is I have called them.. Twice!

When I call they initially say the decision was correct as the package has been delivered, but when I present the evidence they agree and say that the decision should be appealed.

When the person who looks at the appeal decides that they will not change the decision and closes the case with the only reason given is "the package was delivered according to fedex" this has happened.. Twice!

Its difficult because they close the case and you dont get a chance to speak with anyone and you have to start from the beginning again.

Thats why I asked was there any evidence in particular that would make the claims assessor look at the evidence rather than just decline the case. Ive given them everything that I can think of and the evidence that the package was not delivered to me is really clear.

The tracking number is incorrect or for a package that was not mine, but I cant get PayPal to look at this.

Login to Me Too

andreu1973
Contributor
Contributor

I have been sent another response from paypal declining my dispute stating the reason

"we received shipment tracking from the seller confirming that the item was delivered."

Honestly do the people who look at the disputes not look at the evidence?

The tracking number that has been provided does not correspond with my order. Its even the wrong address.

I dont know how I can get to speak with someone or if I need to raise a complaint.

Can anyone help

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@andreu1973 

If you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then see if your card issuer will chargeback for you?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

andreu1973
Contributor
Contributor

Ill have to contact my bank as it came directly from my account.

I always thought paypal was safe to use.

After this experience I am really concerned about how paypal operates when there are disputes.

Login to Me Too

Technophobe3
Contributor
Contributor
I agree. I have been weeks running a claim against a seller who overcharged at point of sale, told me within seconds I couldn't cancel the order as it was already "on its way". It arrived, from China having been "not in stock" in the States (where I had no idea it was coming from!) and there has been endless dishonesty about all aspects of the transaction yet PayPal want to settle in their favour! It beggars belief! These people would only agree to a full refund if I posted their trashy item back, at my own expense. I am really disappointed in PayPal and as a very loyal customer and frequent user, feel there has been no respect! Now I am trying to refute the decision within the ten day window, but, as you say, have no idea what further evidence they want me to download and send! Worse, the download facility doesn't work on my phone. It has just all felt like a series of stalling techniques since mid July and has been so stressful it has affected my health. Shame on you, PayPal!!!!!
Login to Me Too

andreu1973
Contributor
Contributor

I absolutely know how you feel.

The frustration of an email saying they are closing the case without even speaking to you, then having to go through the process of contacting them again asking for the case to be reopened.

My case has been reopened 3 times as when I do speak to someone they can clearly see the issue.

Ive now been told my case can not be reopened again and I should go through the complaints procedure.

The onus should not be on the buyer to provide evidence, which Im sure they dont look at. It should be on the seller to provide proof that they have upheld their part of the contract.

I will let you know how the complaint goes

Login to Me Too

Technophobe3
Contributor
Contributor
Please do. What is becoming crystal clear, as mentioned earlier, is that the cases do not seem to be reviewed in any kind of systematic way. The impression I get is that this is quite random! I also resent a decision being reached based on "seller information provided" to which I am not party. Despite a string of obvious lies and deflections by the seller which would be glaringly obvious to anyone taking an overview, PayPal supports them and not me, the one with integrity!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.