PayPal Loss Recovery

NJK_CA
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Good Hearted People,

My account was limited last January 28 and I was supposed to get the available balance after 180days. But while I have checked on June 23 whether I could withdraw the money or not I found PayPal has deducted my entire amount as "PayPal Loss Recovery". I was shocked and despite sending multiple messages I couldn't be able to get to any solution. 

regards, 

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NJK_CA 

If you have been told your Paypal account has been permanently limited then Paypal tends to hold any funds for 180 days. This is the same time frame that buyers have to open Paypal disputes.

If no disputes are opened in 180 days then normally you are allowed to withdraw the funds. That is as long as you are over 18, account is in your legal name and the account is registered in the country where you reside.

Sometimes they confiscate funds under this policy.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#actions

Paypal also may request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

NJK_CA
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for replying! I met all the necessary things that you have mentioned here. They have hold my money until 180 days and it was over on June 23. But on June 21 they have taken all of my money and after that, I had a telephonic discussion with them but they couldn't even give me any satisfactory answer. They told me to wait for 3 days but today I am on the 7th day, there was no reply from their end.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NJK_CA 

Did you read the information on paypals user agreement under the information in BOLD in my above post?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

NJK_CA
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I read the whole thing. I didn't find anything which supported of deducting my money prior to it getting matured to withdraw. Can you please be more specific about that where should I look into...

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NJK_CA 

Guess you didn't bother to read the 'whole' thing. >>>

If you are a seller and receive funds for transactions that violate the Acceptable Use Policy, then in addition to being subject to the above actions you will be liable to PayPal for the amount of PayPal’s damages caused by your violation of the Acceptable Use Policy. You acknowledge and agree that $2,500.00 U.S. dollars per violation of the Acceptable Use Policy is presently a reasonable minimum estimate of PayPal’s actual damages - including, but not limited to, internal administrative costs incurred by PayPal to monitor and track violations, damage to PayPal’s brand and reputation, and penalties imposed upon PayPal by its business partners resulting from a user’s violation - considering all currently existing circumstances, including the relationship of the sum to the range of harm to PayPal that reasonably could be anticipated because, due to the nature of the violations of the Acceptable Use Policy, actual damages would be impractical or extremely difficult to calculate. PayPal may deduct such damages directly from any existing balance in any PayPal account you control.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

NJK_CA
Contributor
Contributor

First of all, neither I am aware of such a violation nor did PayPal inform me about anything...Secondly, right after my limitation, they can deduct the money if I violated any of their terms and condition which didn't happen and after 180 days that has been done...thirdly, if I am not mistaken then they should inform me that I have violated their items and condition thus they are deducting my money, which still didn't happen...Fifthly, even they didn't send any message to my mail that they are taking my money due to any violation of any rule...lastly when I called them their representative also couldn't confirm me that why it happened!!

I believe I have the justification for not considering your quoted message cause under any circumstances it is not going with this thing. I hope you understand!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NJK_CA 

They don't have to inform you about any permanent limitation or deduction of funds for a violation of policy, they just do it as per the user agreement you agreed to when you opened your account.

They permanently banned you and then took the funds after 180 days because of the above legislation I posted for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

NJK_CA
Contributor
Contributor

In the first statement, you are wrong that "They don't have to inform you about any permanent limitation", any permanent limitation PayPal must need to inform the user so I can assume that your following statement "deduction of funds for a violation of policy, they just do it as per the user agreement you agreed to when you opened your account" is also wrong.

On top of that after they limited my account I am bound to stop business via them so there is no need to wait for 180 days cause a violation can't be made after that and they should have the ground of taking my money without completion of the 180 days. 

your understanding on this is not clear at all so rather than wasting my time replying you let me talk with their representative. Thanks for your time though!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NJK_CA 

I didn't say that they didn't inform you about being limited, they do. What I said is that they don't have to give you a specific reason.

Secondly you have already been informed about the removal of funds as they have told you it was due to violation of their acceptable use policy as per your first post....so they don't have to inform you further, it will show on your account.

The reason for waiting 180 days is that is the time period buyers have to open a paypal dispute so paypal freeze your funds for that time span so they have the funds available if that happens and they have to refund one of your buyers.

You are welcome to my advice, however if you had actually read it properly you will see I have already given you information on how to contact paypal.

However they may not allow contact as they have already banned you and any funds deducted would be final.

Go ahead and try if you wish though.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.