Rogue trader. Resolufion Centre process.

Technophobe3
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered an item and paid the total on the invoice. When the PayPal receipt came through an additional "tax" had been added and a "paypal" address attached to the seller, this address no longer active apparently. Within seconds of receiving the receipt from PayPal for the inflated total, I contacted the company to cancel the order. It had not shipped at this point and I was advised I would be informed when it was. This never happened, only that tracking information can be delayed and the shipping people would be hastened to provide shipping confirmation which I have still not received despite the seller saying the item was already on its way and cannot be cancelled. How could this happen in seconds? I have taken out a claim via the Resolution Centre, insisting on a full refund as the information being provided did not add up. The seller has got back making an offer of a third of what they took which I declined. Apparently a seller "system error" caused the inflated charge, but this is not in my experience of PayPal. I want a full refund of what was taken, not what was invoiced and I do not want the Resolution Centre asking me to pay to return the item as it should never have been sent, if it has and I do not want to waste any more time and money complying over this stressful transaction.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Technophobe3 

Paypal state this >>
IMPORTANT: You may be required to return the item to the seller or other party we specify as part of the settlement of your claim. PayPal Buyer Protection does not entitle you to reimbursement for the return shipping costs that you may incur.

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Technophobe3 

Paypal state this >>
IMPORTANT: You may be required to return the item to the seller or other party we specify as part of the settlement of your claim. PayPal Buyer Protection does not entitle you to reimbursement for the return shipping costs that you may incur.

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Technophobe3
Contributor
Contributor
My sense is these folk are not local and therefore return postage could be a lot and is totally unacceptable as the seller was informed immediately of the cancellation and shipping confirmation has still not been received despite their stating the item was "on its way" within seconds of placing the order. I feel very cheated by all this and hope to redress this with full refund and no return.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Technophobe3 

Good luck then.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Technophobe3
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.