any responsibility for unauthorized transactions

innowest
New Community Member

Paypal doesn't take responsibility for unauthorized transactions, so I'll stop using it and tell all my clients to stop using it. 

There is a company which s called as Envato. They charged an amount that I didn't authorize and the merchant didnt refund the full amount. I contacted PayPal and the bank, and the bank took responsibility and refunded the amount. But now PayPal said the bank charged that amount from us, and wanted to charge it from me. I said, The bank solved the issue, but you asked me to pay you the same amount. It doesnt make any sense. They said you need to solve your problem with the merchant. I said why PayPal doesn't take any responsibility and charges that amount from the merchant. They said you need to pay it and solve your issue with the merchant. After this point, the PayPal lost all my trust. I was using it for this kind of unauthorized charges, but I think they prefer the easy way which s charge the money from the customer. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@innowest 

A lot of times what happens is people accept a free trial for a product and forget to cancel. As a buyer you must agree to a billing agreement/subscription before a merchant can take a payment from your PayPal account.

If you don't notice during checkout OR don't cancel then it auto renews. Be careful what you are accepting.

Check if you had a subscription set up and cancel it?
Click on the profile / settings tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.