gift card payment failed

NekoFuyu
Contributor
Contributor

I was invoicing my bf cause he doesnt have a paypal account, it worked every time we did the invoicing and he uses a gift card to send the money. But now paypal is declining the visa vanilla gift card. what do we do now?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Dreamergirlone
Contributor
Contributor
Yes my cousin used to do the same with me invoicing her and as of maybe a week or two ago it’s stopped accepting them. It was the Vanilla gift cards she was using. We have had a number of invoices paid this way and then bam it wasn’t working! With Vanilla gift cards you can’t register them with a billing address. But it was never a problem before. The error message says something about you can not add this card but she isn’t adding the card she is paying an invoice through guest checkout with it just as she has done in the past. It goes thru if she uses a regular credit card but no longer for the Vanilla gift cards. I called and spoke to someone at PayPal but they said they can’t help cause it is thru guest checkout. Well someone on the tech side changed some algorithm or some rule because it just out right stopped out of no where. Can someone please correct this issue or help us???
Login to Me Too

cobachientrung
Contributor
Contributor
Have you resolved this problem yet ? I have the same issue.
Login to Me Too

cobachientrung
Contributor
Contributor

The problem is about vanilla gift card 's issuer. Not paypal. It seems they 've stopped accepting paypal checkout

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.