Negative balance charged again?

Skyzrielle
Contributor
Contributor
Hi all. Pretty much what it says on the tin. I’m currently unemployed except for gig work, so funds are limited. I hadn’t $11 and $8 PayPal charge that I didn’t realize hadn’t cleared for some reason, and so when it came out two days later I didn’t have $20 in my account. I was hit with two rounds of ACH fees for each charge by my bank, so a total of $120 in just fees that I can’t dispute. If I resolve the negative PayPal balance, is my PayPal going to be charged again or is this nightmare over with? In other words, do I have to somehow acquire $40 in PayPal credits or will Uber finally stop charging my account and I just have to give PayPal the negative balance?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Skyzrielle 

Check if you had a subscription set up for Uber and cancel it?
Click on the profile / settings tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Secondly if you have a negative balance then yes paypal will keep trying to get the money as you owe it to them.

If you 'send' funds to clear the balance it may take a few days to process through in which time paypal may try again OR try any back up funding source you have linked to your paypal account. To clear the negative balance more quickly you could..............

Ways to clear a negative balance.

1. Transfer funds from your bank account via the add funds function.

2. The quickest and easiest way is to get a mate or family member to send a payment via the friends / family option. As long as they don't fund it with a card it should be free.

3. Via a card over the phone with paypal.

4. Or mail a cheque as per link.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-should-i-do-if-my-balance-is-negative-faq1905?app=s...

5. Buy something and Paypal will normally add the debt to that payment during checkout when you authorise the purchase.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Skyzrielle
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, that was one of the charges. I had forgotten to cancel my subscription, so it charged. I have since removed the subscription but it was obviously purchased for the month of October. I guess my question is, since my work can authorize a payment to PayPal to be processed immediately, is if the Uber charge will go through again to PayPal if I send the money the money now and resolve the negative balance? In other words, am I just reimbursing PayPal or am I going to get hit with these two charges again after the negative balance is resolved?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.