PayPal reversing money to customer for service paid/conducted 3 months ago

KingchatJaihan
Contributor
Contributor

On 2nd June, we got a taxi enquiry for which we required 600 THB deposit. This amount was paid to us the same day on 2nd June. Then the service was conducted on 3rd June successfully. Happy customer I assume as we never heard back from them.

Today, around 3 months after this transaction, we got this email;

"Payment from {name removed} of 600.00 THB on has been reversed."

"From time to time, PayPal must review a payment more closely to ensure it complies with the established User Agreement and our global regulatory obligations. We identified a risk that prevents us from completing this payment. We apologize for the inconvenience."

This service had been delivered, and you PayPal reversed the money back to the customer, no complaint was raised by the customer. How do I get back this money?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @KingchatJaihan 

Welcome to the PayPal Help Community and thanks for posting here!

I understand your concern about the reversed payment for a completed service. As a part of security measures, PayPal reviews every transaction before its approved. While the payment is under review, it will be in pending status in your PayPal account and PayPal always notifies the sellers to deliver the service after the review. Once the review gets completed, you will be notified via email with the details. There are some transactions that PayPal cannot process, and it looks like the payment you've mentioned falls under the category. You can reach out to the sender to get the payment through a different payment method. 

Best wishes,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

KingchatJaihan
Contributor
Contributor

Oh! What a brilliant reply! It took you 3 months to decide return that money and cause us to loose the amount? 3 MONTHS!!

Login to Me Too

Skphouse
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I had the same issue! Do you mind sharing what happened for your case? Is it the customer requested a refund from Paypal or their bank? Do you managed to resolve this? Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.