REFUND NOT PAID BACK INTO MY BANK ACCOUNT

MevEeDee
Contributor
Contributor

Good day, I hope someone can help. I am suppose to get a refund from PayPal, but I have cancelled the card that I have made the payment with, because of suspected fraud on the card. It is now some time and the refund is defenitely not paid back into my account. Reaching out to PayPal, is bringing me absolutely nowhere. Does PayPal have a designated customer support email address? TIA for your help. Kind regards Erna Bruwer

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MevEeDee 

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller from your bank account or a card then once marked refunded/completed it will automatically go back to that bank account or card.
Normally it can take a few days up to a week to go back to a bank account. Paypal say allow 30 days for a card (1 billing cycle) but its rarely that long.
(Can vary according to country though).

https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/article/FAQ1212

If the card ACCOUNT that both cards belong or belonged to is still open then it should go through fine.
However if its a completely new card / account then it may decline so ask your old card issuer if they can help you recover your refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MevEeDee 

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller from your bank account or a card then once marked refunded/completed it will automatically go back to that bank account or card.
Normally it can take a few days up to a week to go back to a bank account. Paypal say allow 30 days for a card (1 billing cycle) but its rarely that long.
(Can vary according to country though).

https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/article/FAQ1212

If the card ACCOUNT that both cards belong or belonged to is still open then it should go through fine.
However if its a completely new card / account then it may decline so ask your old card issuer if they can help you recover your refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MevEeDee
Contributor
Contributor

Good day

Thanks very much, the issue was resolved.

Regards

Erna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.