unsure if this is a scam email account

cosmo_arts
Contributor
Contributor

hi there!

i recently got an email back from servicespaypal.co.1 in gmail and got confused by it. i'm thinking that it's a scam email but i just wanted to make sure.

the whole thing seemed fishy but i have to admit i should have probably thought more about it.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cosmo_arts 

Sounds like this...........

SCAM???

You never pay any upfront fee as a seller or to receive payments into a Paypal account.

Ignore scammers that send fake Paypal emails telling you that you need to pay an upfront fee to verify/upgrade to a business account/or any other reason to accept a payment.

You would certainly never have to send funds especially via another payment processor/bitcoins/ or tokens/vouchers of any sort.

Any fee is auto deducted by Paypal at the same instant the remainder of the payment is credited to your Paypal account balance.

No funds in your balance = you have not yet been paid, even pending/held payments will still show in your Paypal account activity.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cosmo_arts 

Yep looks like it but its always best to give us a gist of the email content rather than an email address as that would confirm it.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

cosmo_arts
Contributor
Contributor
ah yes sorry! the gist is i was going to do an art commission to a client but i got an email about the money they were sending me exceeding my limit. this had never happened before and the instructions were odd. i was told one of the options was refunding but no money had ever arrived to my account. thank you so much for reaching out!
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cosmo_arts 

Sounds like this...........

SCAM???

You never pay any upfront fee as a seller or to receive payments into a Paypal account.

Ignore scammers that send fake Paypal emails telling you that you need to pay an upfront fee to verify/upgrade to a business account/or any other reason to accept a payment.

You would certainly never have to send funds especially via another payment processor/bitcoins/ or tokens/vouchers of any sort.

Any fee is auto deducted by Paypal at the same instant the remainder of the payment is credited to your Paypal account balance.

No funds in your balance = you have not yet been paid, even pending/held payments will still show in your Paypal account activity.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

cosmo_arts
Contributor
Contributor
thank you so much for taking time to reply! yeah it started to get pretty fishy but i wanted to make sure, especially as they tried to make it seem like it'd need immediate attention or i'd get a penalty. again, it probably was pretty obvious but i wanted to make sure. so thank you for responding to my question!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.