Unable to add my Revolut bank account

segobio
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

While trying to add my Revolut bank account to Paypay I get the message:

"This account needs a little help to link it. Contact us and we can help with that, or you can link a different account."

Is there something I can do on my own to solve it? If not, who necessarily to contact and how? I live in Rotterdam and my IBAN seem to be from Lithuania (starts with LT...), which is stated as supported by the app.

Cheers,

Ian [removed].

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@segobio 

Can't add a digital / virtual bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

segobio
Contributor
Contributor

What is this response supposed to mean? I have no clue.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hi everyone! Thank you for visiting the PayPal Community Forum. Thank you @kernowlass for your help on this thread! We greatly appreciate your time!

@segobio, apologies for the confusion there! It looks like one of our users started a post and then edited it to remove what may have already been suggested or previously mentioned. We've moved that post off the thread to prevent any other confusion. 

The information @kernowlass provided is correct - we do not normally allow the option to add, confirm, and use virtual banks on PayPal. My apologies for any inconvenience this may present. I would recommend trying another funding source. 

Good luck and best wishes!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

segobio
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to link my BUNQ account and, for a change, it does not work. I have tried both via the app (the error is "invalid URL") and via web where the process manages to reach the final steps. I scanned a QR code sent by PAYPAL with BUNQ app and accepted the connection. At that point, the BUNQ app shows that the connection is stablished and PAYPAL shows the same for a moment. Then the screen changes and the following error appear, canceling the whole procedure:

"We're sorry, things don't appear to be working right now. Try again later"

I need someone from customer support as this is unacceptable.

Login to Me Too

fiascosf
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue with a different bank - Revolut Ireland. I contacted support last week to get a resolution but nothing. Agree with @segobio that this is unacceptable. 

@PayPal_JonK please escalate this within PayPal support. I expect more from a company with PayPal's reputation.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@fiascosf 

What part of ''you can't add a digital / virtual bank'' on Paypal did you not understand?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

fiascosf
Contributor
Contributor
@kernlowlass No need to be rude…I have a valid IBAN…which PAYPAL should accept…it accepted the debit card associated with the account.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@fiascosf 

Not being rude, you have had 2 folks tell you that you can't add a digital / virtual bank account so maybe me being a bit more BLUNT may work.

Actually I will clarify that....Paypal does not support Wise / Payoneer (or any other virtual banks).
Whilst you can sometimes add an account it wouldn't work properly and Paypal advise you against trying.
If you do succeed then Paypal wouldn't be responsible for any missing funds to or from that virtual / digital bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

pkalw
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass what you wrote is not exactly true as I keep sending funds from Paypal US Business Account to Wise for more than 2 years now.

So the original topic stands reasonable - knowing that Revolut's routing number for USD transfers is [removed] (which appears to be run by Chase bank), I would like to be able to add Account Number and smoothly send money to Revolut just as I send to Wise.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.