Error Code #10417 Your request could not be processed at this time?

lonta
Contributor
Contributor

I have a Visa debit card that I used to purchase an item 3 days ago with no problem, but there was just a small amount of money left on it, so I got another Visa debit card and added it on to my paypal account. Next, I purchased 2 more items on ebay and then I used the new Visa card to try to pay for my items because there wasnt enough money left on my old Visa card to make the purchase. Once I got to the confirm payment screen, it shows my address and general profile, but when I press the confirm payment button it says,

"You cannot use this credit card for this transaction. Please use another funding source. You will need to add and confirm your bank account. Once your bank account has been added and confirmed, you can continue this payment. Add your bank account information below."

Then I tried to purchase one item at a time and it said
"We were not able to process your payment. There has been a restriction placed on this account" I tried everything to resolve this problem with no luck at all. If anyone's experienced this problem, and has any suggestions or solutions, please reply. Thanks
Login to Me Too
1,240 REPLIES 1,240

dan1dad
New Community Member

I have this problem too.   You would think that after all this time, the hi tech people at PayPal would have fixed this.   I wish they would though, and before the item I want sells.  Then I will really be mad.

Login to Me Too

aswinlincoln

Im having the same problem. Im from the Uk however im now settled in Australia and i tried buying an item off ebay and it is not working. It comes up with this error message : Error Code #10417

Login to Me Too

lajoyamag

i get the same error but im in the us buying from the us and have both my bank card and bank account on file

Login to Me Too

jessipops87
Contributor
Contributor

i too have this problem and its ridiculous!! i havnt had any problems for years and all of a sudden boom! it doesnt work. even though my friend is happily using it. i can not pay for my item which i won last night. i have contacted the seller asking if there is any other way i can pay as i dont want to lose the item or my rating.

paypal and ebay are ment to be an easy, safe and simple way of buying and it has been so why now all of a sudden do i have a problem completing a payment? i cant not find answers anywhere except from this thread but all of the things suggested have not worked.

im very dissapointed by all this and will probably avoid using paypal from now on. going to the shops or even carboots may be time and effort but atleast there will be no money transaction problems.

annoying thing is my purchase is only a couple of quid!! anyway rant over. if anyone can help ( ie administrators) then do something about it!!

dont leave us to suffer, this is your problem

Login to Me Too

meitiete

i have the same. i a'm from Latvia.

Login to Me Too

Victor_Camargo
New Community Member

Hello!
I'm also having the same problem! I can't make my purchase on eBay. I tried twice and it still fails.
I live in Brazil, but I believe this error was'nt caused by this fact ..
How should I proceed?
Thanks!

Login to Me Too

hrmcewen
New Community Member

Im having the same problem as well. Please help me asap!!!!

Login to Me Too

trosas15
New Community Member

Error Code #10417 help

Login to Me Too

Lesjonak
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I have to pay for two items, but every time I am trying to da that system shows me message of the 10417 error code. What should I do? Today is the last day of payment.
Login to Me Too

ButTheFly
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I'm having the same problem. I'm from Norway and new to this Ebay and Paypal stuff. For not so long ago i bought a item and the payment went well. And now I wanted to order some watches but it seems that when I tried to pay for the both of them together, from the same seller, it didn't work. So I tried to pay them seprately, and the one worked, but the other one didn't work. I got some kind of error saying thet my request could not be pocessed at this time... I'm really confused and I hope somebody can give me som advice, althought all the advice I found didn't work >.< I don't want to make the seller think I'm not like willing to pay for the item! ...

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.