Error Code #10417 Your request could not be processed at this time?

lonta
Contributor
Contributor

I have a Visa debit card that I used to purchase an item 3 days ago with no problem, but there was just a small amount of money left on it, so I got another Visa debit card and added it on to my paypal account. Next, I purchased 2 more items on ebay and then I used the new Visa card to try to pay for my items because there wasnt enough money left on my old Visa card to make the purchase. Once I got to the confirm payment screen, it shows my address and general profile, but when I press the confirm payment button it says,

"You cannot use this credit card for this transaction. Please use another funding source. You will need to add and confirm your bank account. Once your bank account has been added and confirmed, you can continue this payment. Add your bank account information below."

Then I tried to purchase one item at a time and it said
"We were not able to process your payment. There has been a restriction placed on this account" I tried everything to resolve this problem with no luck at all. If anyone's experienced this problem, and has any suggestions or solutions, please reply. Thanks
Login to Me Too
1,240 REPLIES 1,240

galbornoz

A mi me está pasando con compras de mas de  U$S100. Hice una compra de U$S16 y no me rechazó el pago.

Probaste de comprar algo de menor valor?

Login to Me Too

tomhopkins
Contributor
Contributor

Im getting the error 10417 message when trying to confirm my transaction. What should I do?

Login to Me Too

JohnnyBhoy84
New Community Member
I have the same problem. Im from uk and when i purchase items from within the uk it goes through without any hassle. I have now tried to buy 3 items from the USA and im getting this same error 10417. I have now 3 outstanding items to pay for and have no idea how! Any ideas? Cheers John
Login to Me Too

artursand
Contributor
Contributor

same problem. hellllpppp!!!!!

Login to Me Too

artursand
Contributor
Contributor

My problem is solved. I have registered my VISA card through my bank in 3D Secure system (for purchases in Internet)  and after that payments went without any problems. So I assume that the problem was caused due to recent changes in my bank system which has just introduced this 3D Secure.

Login to Me Too

chrriis_wilson
New Community Member

Alright lads,

Having the same issue, after a bit of a chat with eBay they told me

'Please note this error comes when the funding source in your PayPal account has some issues. In this case, I'd suggest you to change your funding source while attempting to pay for your item. If you still have issues while paying, I'd suggest you to contact PayPal as they've access to your account and can assist you better.'

So funding it seems? Odd because its the first time in 5 years I've had an issue and nothing has changed....

I'm going to have to ask them to cancel my order however because I needed it ASAP.

'In that case, you can contact theseller and can ask them if they can wait for the payment untill your issue is resolved. If they want the payment, you can request them to file cancel transaction case to cancel the sale. Generally, sellers on eBqay are very co-operative and may time they have helped the buyers by cancelling the sale'

Hope this helps people

Login to Me Too

an_tony

Maybe problems in Google Chrome. Try IE. It works for me.

Login to Me Too

jnixed
New Community Member

I think I have the same error, just not the number listed.

Your request could not be processed at this time
Help- opens in a new window or tab

error

Sorry, we could not complete your request at this time.
  • If you encounter this message more than once, please contact us, and we'll do our best to help.

is what i get

Login to Me Too

brenhug
Contributor
Contributor

I just got the exact same message!!! So frustrating!! I need to get these Christmas presents and not sure what to do now??? Has anyone solved this mystery? I am in Canada buying from the U.S.

Login to Me Too

ahmed512

I have The same problem . anyway to solve it help plsss

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.