Error Code #10417 Your request could not be processed at this time?

lonta
Contributor
Contributor

I have a Visa debit card that I used to purchase an item 3 days ago with no problem, but there was just a small amount of money left on it, so I got another Visa debit card and added it on to my paypal account. Next, I purchased 2 more items on ebay and then I used the new Visa card to try to pay for my items because there wasnt enough money left on my old Visa card to make the purchase. Once I got to the confirm payment screen, it shows my address and general profile, but when I press the confirm payment button it says,

"You cannot use this credit card for this transaction. Please use another funding source. You will need to add and confirm your bank account. Once your bank account has been added and confirmed, you can continue this payment. Add your bank account information below."

Then I tried to purchase one item at a time and it said
"We were not able to process your payment. There has been a restriction placed on this account" I tried everything to resolve this problem with no luck at all. If anyone's experienced this problem, and has any suggestions or solutions, please reply. Thanks
Login to Me Too
1,240 REPLIES 1,240

Cherub_122
Contributor
Contributor

I too, am suddenly having this problem....going directly through paypal does not work....whats going on? and Im using IE

Login to Me Too

paparcius
New Community Member

Im having the same problem. Im from the Lithuania however im now settled in Portugal and i tried buying an item off ebay and it is not working. It comes up with this error message : Error Code #10417

Login to Me Too

annoyed666
New Community Member

do i take it paypal dont give a toss about this then seeing as there is no input on the pages i have read ? (not all 82 dont be stupid) at least credit us with some sort of response 

regards

Login to Me Too

maxmagma2
Contributor
Contributor

I´m having the same problem. I tried to buy some stuff from the UK but got the same Error code #10417. I´ve tried in chrome and firefox, but it failed.

I´m from Brazil. 

Login to Me Too

AmmyB77
New Community Member

I am also having this problem when I try to purchase something from eBay. I get through the entire purchase, then it tells me that my request could not be processed at this time. I also have a Visa debit card, but I don't think that the card is the problem.

Login to Me Too

saline1au
New Community Member

Another one victim to this obstable.

Error Code #10417

Login to Me Too

Twink
New Community Member
I get this error when I use an OLD card. I cancelled my VISA card and forgot to alter it on paypal. The next few items I tried to buy all gave me this error. Adding my new card into paypal removed this error right away!
Login to Me Too

starkian12309

I have the same problem here. I´ve bought may things before without problems on ebay and other sites.

Is there anything I can do?

Login to Me Too

placardman
Contributor
Contributor

Having trouble paying for my purchase.. tried to use my ebay bucks, now they are expired.. tried again today,

same error Error Code #10417

Login to Me Too

AndreSmirnoff
New Community Member

I have the same problem for a week!

Could someone help me?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.