Assistance Needed with Account Balance Recovery After Suspension

Sharifulx
Contributor
Contributor

Hello PayPal Community,

I am reaching out to seek advice and assistance regarding an issue I’ve encountered with my PayPal account. After a 180-day suspension period, during which I was told I would be able to withdraw my funds, I found my account balance to be empty. The reason stated was “loss recovery,” but no further details were provided.

Here are the key points of my situation:

• My account was suspended, and I was informed that I could access my funds after 180 days.
  • Upon the completion of the suspension period, I discovered that my balance was zero.
  • The only explanation given was “loss recovery,” without any additional context or justification.

I have already taken the following steps:

• Contacted PayPal customer service multiple times without a resolution.
  • Reviewed all communications and notifications from PayPal regarding my account suspension.

I am looking for guidance on the following:

• Has anyone experienced a similar situation, and how was it resolved?
  • What are the possible reasons for a “loss recovery” deduction, and how can I challenge it if it’s incorrect?
  • Are there any additional steps I can take to escalate this issue within PayPal?

Any advice or guidance from the community would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time and help.

Best regards, Shariful

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sharifulx 

You must have broken paypals acceptable use policy.

https://www.paypal.com/my/legalhub/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_MY#restricted

• If you've violated our Acceptable Use Policy, or if you are a seller and receive funds for transactions that violate the Acceptable Use Policy, then you're also responsible for damages to PayPal caused by your violation of this policy; or
  • If you are a seller and receive funds for transactions that violate the Acceptable Use Policy and said violation is associated with fraud or the sale of goods that are counterfeit or otherwise infringe on intellectual property rights, then in addition to being subject to the above actions you will be liable to PayPal for the amount of PayPal's damages caused by said violation. You acknowledge and agree that $2,500 USD (or equivalent) per violation is presently a reasonable minimum estimate of PayPal's actual damages - including, but not limited to internal administrative costs incurred by PayPal to monitor and track violations, damage to PayPal’s brand and reputation, and penalties imposed upon PayPal by its business partners resulting from said violation associated with fraud or the sale of goods that are counterfeit or otherwise infringe on intellectual property rights - considering all currently existing circumstances, including the relationship of the sum to the range of harm to PayPal that reasonably could be anticipated because, due to the nature of the violation, actual damages would be impractical or extremely difficult to calculate. PayPal may deduct such damages directly from any existing balance in any PayPal account you control.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.