ole-v
Contributor
Contributor

Not sure if the the question belongs here, I try to create new account from Germany, selecting Ukraine as a home country. The browser hangs for 10-20 mins and then says "try later". Different browsers, different networks, differemt devices - still the same. On the phone the maypal support says "we have no technical suport"

If I select the home country as Germany, all is fine, I go to the next page to enter the phone. I enter Ukrainian mobile number and the above behavior repeats. So for me definitely a technical issue on PayPal side.

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ole-v 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to close your old Paypal account and open a new Paypal account registered in the country where you now live. You would then need to add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.
If you had already had a Ukrainian paypal account you 'may' have been able to use it in Germany but as you didn't you need to open a German one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ole-v
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to open new account with new email, phone and address.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ole-v 

ok??? So open a German one with that information.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ole-v
Contributor
Contributor

Open german account works. Though I am not running it to the end.

Sign up-> Ukraine as home/use new email address->no success (browser hangs for 15 min, then "Versuchen Sie es erneut oder – dies kann helfen, das Problem zu lösen.")

Sign up->Germany as home/new email->successfully go to next page, enter ukrainian phone->no success, same as above)

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ole-v 

As you don't have a Ukrainian paypal account you can't open a new one now you are already in Germany as I have already told you.

You have to open a German paypal account and add an email address / phone number / shipping address / bank account and cards ALL with German details.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ole-v
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks, but it makes no sense. How PayPal knows which address , phone bank account I am going to enter (German or Ukrainian) if it hangs? It is justifying the decision based on my current IP address. Means, if I am not in the country where I want to open an account, i cannot do this. Assuming, i am on business trip in the US and want to open German account, i cannot do this
Login to Me Too

ole-v
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal does not know that I have an account it does not let me to the step, where I can verify myself. There is definitely a bug on PayPal side. If it is the policy not to let open Ukrainian account out of Germany, why to hang the html page and give "try later" response. And funny answer from the phone support - "we have no IT support" 🙂
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ole-v 

For goodness sake I keep telling you that you cannot open a Ukrainian registered paypal account in Germany.

You can open a German one.

You cannot add Ukrainian information to that German account you have to add German information.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.