We’re having trouble making sure it’s you LOGIN ERROR!!!

_aqb
Contributor
Contributor

When I try to login to my PP account, no matter if I use desktop or mobile app, after inserting the password, the following message is displayed:
"We’re having trouble making sure it’s you".

_aqb_0-1707908874568.png

What is this?

Usually, to log in a text message used to be sent on my mobile number, but starting from yesterday the message is not delivered. More than that, today, when I try to login, after inserting the passwords, that option to allow sending a verification code on my mobile isn't available anymore and the error message I already mentioned appear.

Also, what is more strange it that in this morning I manage to login in my PP app without being necessary to insert any password, but after not interacting with the phone for a few minutes, I was automatically disconnected and receive the error after tried to reconnect. Why is it encountered?  At the moment I don't have access to manage my account or to do the transactions I need. I sent a message to  enquiry*  but still no answer. Please, I need to solve this case.

Login to Me Too
41 REPLIES 41

maxtraxv3
Contributor
Contributor

what the [Removed] do i do? im not calling.

Login to Me Too

Miracle_E
Contributor
Contributor
Please how do I solve this issue?I'm also a victim of having trouble making sure it's you
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Shradha

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for visiting PayPal's Community Forum. 

I understand the frustration of yours as you are unable to login to your PayPal account. Apologies for the inconvenience. Requesting you to kindly reach out to our customer support team to know what can be done next or to get an understanding of the possible solution to the issue raised. Please reach out to the Support Team during business hours by clicking the
Contact option at the bottom of PayPal page. If your unable to login into your PayPal account do reach us via phone and kindly select "Call us as Guest".

Hope this helps you!

Warm Regards,
Shradha

Login to Me Too

Victim-too

I have been experiencing this issue for a week by now. Contacted customer service, they sent a password reset "link.  I used the link, as suggested, reset the password but could not log in, PayPal was still "having trouble making sure it’s you". I called customer service again. They said i have to wait 72 !!!! hours. I waited 72 hours but was still unable to log in. Contacted customer service again. They sent a new password reset link. After this I was able to log in just for a couple of hours. Now I am unable to log in again, but can not call cutomer service, because their office hours expired. It is very annoying that PayPal's software works so poorly and they still don't have customer service for 24h. We should look into options from Revolut and Wise.

Login to Me Too

Levi-GMR
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same problem what should I do
Login to Me Too

CoWaSp
Contributor
Contributor

Please solve this, its been going on for months. The only way out of it is to move to an incognito window

Login to Me Too

Spannernick
Contributor
Contributor

Yep it doing this to me now, because I removed my Home Landline phone number (that I do not use no more) it keeps sending text messages too it, the account has got my mobile phone number so why don't it ever use it, so now I can not get into my PayPal account, lucky eBay use VISA Card or Master Card now, no need for PayPal any more, well that why it exists in the first place.

Isn't about time PayPal used the Authenticator app, most apps do now.

Login to Me Too

Spannernick
Contributor
Contributor

Just signed in with the PayPal app and it sent a text message to my mobile number but not on Google Chrome on my PC, just comes up with the `We’re having trouble making sure it’s you` page, so its ok on app but not in a web browser on the PC, weird, it needs fixing.

Login to Me Too

LeonOriginal
Contributor
Contributor

Terrible support, just terrible. Called, sent messages through another account, sent an email, and spent 50€ on call to get no help at all. Just terrible.

Login to Me Too

LeonOriginal
Contributor
Contributor

For those who have the same issue but can't solve it. I've just received precise info related to this issue, tho I doubt it will solve anything, it is worth trying. 
If you get this error, you should wait 72 hours for the system to "refresh" (for whatever that means). DO NOT try logging it before 72 hours expire since it locks your account again and again. This means even if you try 3 hours before 72 hours expire, you will be locked again for another 72. 

So, If man I talked to at PayPal can be trusted (I see no reason why wouldn't), please wait 72 hours and then try again. Yes, 72 hours is long time if you are in the middle of work, like I am with my project, but yes, you should wait. 

P.S. I've made a mistake of adding my number to other account since business will not be conducted through my account (I have a business account but it won't be used since legally other businesses will take care of payments and purchases). If you have done the same thing, you should know - never ad the same phone number to different accounts. I know you think about doing it because it is more convenient, but it will be the reason for you being locked out of at least one account. I made that mistake, not knowing this would be such an issue.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.