unauthorized money taken from bank account by Pay Pal

KDavis863
Contributor
Contributor

Money was taken from my bank account by Pay Pal and it is not for my transactions

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Lgunstream
Contributor
Contributor

I had a fraudulent charge on my Paypal card and a sale in the same day - Paypal agreed that the charge for $464.66 to Sam's club was fraudulent, however they have kept the money from my sale - the sale was for $185.10 and after their commission I should have received $159.82 - they have stolen my money and have refused to give it to me!!!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Lgunstream,

Thank you for your post! I'm glad that your unauthorized case went in your favor, and I'm sorry to hear that you don't have the funds from a sale that you made.

Are the funds currently unavailable due to a hold? Payments received from sales may be subject to a temporary hold. These holds will last 21 days, but the release of the funds can be expedited by providing a tracking number that shows delivery of the item.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @KDavis863

Thank you for joining the forum! I'm sorry to hear that there's an unrecognized amount charged from your bank account. 

Do you see the transaction in your PayPal account at all? If there's a transaction attached to the money, please dispute that transaction using the steps in this article. If you do not see accompanying activity in your PayPal account, let your card issuer know that there was an unauthorized charge to your account that is not associated with your PayPal account, and they will be able to assist.

I hope this is resolved swiftly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Lgunstream
Contributor
Contributor

All the baove has been done = It's been since June 2, 2023 - today is July 31st - so, it's not a hold. PAYPAL has stolen my money!!!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Lgunstream,

I'm very sorry to hear that the person to whom you spoke did not understand that the sale was a legitimate one and not the product of the fraudster's access to the account. Sometimes when a fraudster has control of an account, they use it to receive fraudulent payments, and it likely looked as if that was what was happening. I suggest contacting Customer Service again. Mistakes can happen, but another contact will allow a representative to reassess what happened and work to rectify it.

Again, I'm very sorry for the inconvenience.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.