How to contact an actual person

Madmonk1956
Contributor
Contributor

I disputed a transaction where the item received was not as described. Paypal have agreed to issue a refund if I send the item back at my cost but I don't see why I should. The resolution thread will only allow me to input postage details and not have any further dialogue, how do I speak to someone about it as I have tried the digital assistant (waste of time) and get nowhere using the phone?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Madmonk1956 

IGNORE @Technicals THEY ARE TRYING TO SCAM YOU AND ARE NOTHING TO DO WITH PAYPAL, MODERATORS. INFORMED.

To answer your question correctly.......... 

In the event of a dispute you choose your seller and not Paypal so you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you go ahead and buy from that seller / country.

Paypal state this >>
IMPORTANT: You may be required to return the item to the seller or other party we specify as part of the settlement of your claim. PayPal Buyer Protection does not entitle you to reimbursement for the return shipping costs that you may incur.

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Madmonk1956
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the info. The cost of returning the item is as much as the refund so I wanted to state that, but the feed only allows me to fill in postage details which I find frustrating. PayPal used to be good for sorting the things but certainly seem to have slipped so I don't think I will be using them to pay for things in the future as there is now no peace of mind.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Madmonk1956 

Sounds a plan.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.