Item never received

kmorgan920
New Community Member

I "purchased" a Golf Cart for $1,000 that I thought was from a friend on Facebook but she was hacked.  I disputed the transaction on Paypal but they told  me it was an authorized transaction and closed the dispute. Of course, I never received the Golf Cart and have sent messages to the fraudulent seller with no response of course. Next steps??

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Shradha

Hello @kmorgan920,

Welcome and thank your for posting your concern.

We are sorry to hear about the issue with your order and we understand how frustrating this must be for you. While filing dispute PayPal offers you a platform to contact the merchant/seller directly as this is the quickest way to resolve the problem. However, if you are unable to reach a solution, you have the option to escalate the matter to a claim. By escalating the dispute, you ask PayPal to investigate and decide the outcome. I recommend reviewing the relevant help centre article How do I escalate a PayPal dispute to a claim? for more detailed information 

For further assistance, PayPal offers purchase protection to help safeguard our buyers. I recommend you to check the article Does PayPal cover my purchase if there's a problem? to know you will be eligible for protection or not. I would also recommend you to check the PAYPAL'S PURCHASE PROTECTION PROGRAM to know the eligibility.

You can also reach out to our customer support team to know what can be done next or to get an understanding of the possible solution to the issue raised. Please reach out to the Support Team during business hours by clicking the Contact option at the bottom of PayPal page.

Hope this information is helpful for your!

Warm Regards,
Shradha 
If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PayPal_Shradha 

They already opened a dispute for unauthorised and it is closed.

@kmorgan920 

An authorised dispute means your paypal account was hacked and used without your consent to make that transaction. Paypal would check things like your IP address and see it was you and so close the claim.

The correct dispute would have been item not received HOWEVER if you sent the funds using friends/family then you negated your buyer protection and can't open that dispute type.

Your options are....

If you paid using goods/services then contact customer services and see if they can change the dispute type and open one for non receipt of item instead?

https://www.paypal.com/cshelp/article/how-do-i-contact-paypal-customer-service--HELP378 

OR if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card then see if your card issuer will do a chargeback for you? They may decline if you sent it using friends/family as that was a gift payment but its worth trying.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.