Limited Account

CodeRedAlert
New Community Member

So my account has been limited since May 2021. I contacted customer service for the issue and they told me the limitation is due to my account having suspicious sales, but they looked at my transactions and my account listed none as I have never sold a thing using my PayPal account. They told me they couldn't remove the limitation either due to them just being customer service. A few years go by and I ask again through the agent contact, and was given this message that told me, "(Name Removed), Upon further review of your account, it does appear at this time that the limitation applied is a permanent one. For whatever reason, it has been deemed that there is too much risk associated with your account to allow it to be used any further. I don't have specific information regarding why, but essentially, we are parting ways at this point and the decision cannot be overturned, and I'm truly sorry I don't have better news at this time. I can assure you if there was another option or if this could be overturned, I would make it happen. In this case this is permanent and there is no option to appeal." At this point am I just [Removed]? I've only ever used my PayPal to pay artists, because they usually do their transactions through PayPal. Having myself barred permanently for zero explanation as to why and proof from the agent themselves in the message is just insane to me. I had built up to 10,000 borrowing credit on my account, so my account clearly wasn't an, "at risk" if they trusted me with that amount. Having my PayPal unusable has made payments extremely frustrating, due to not having the ease of access here.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CodeRedAlert 

PayPal does review accounts regularly, and any concerns with security, violations of the User Agreement or Acceptable Use Agreement, compliance obligations, etc., could lead to a permanent restriction.

Additional information beyond what would have been provided to you in a notification and/or email would not be available due also to security concerns ...in other words they do not give you an exact reason, they just direct you to the user agreement or acceptable use policy. I guess having a reason wouldn't make any difference if they have permanently banned you.

You can rarely appeal a permanent ban but if you want to try an appeal then contact customer services.

They 'may' pass it to the back office but the chances of the appeal being successful are slim. Paypal state that the decision is not made lightly and once made is usually final.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cshelp/article/how-do-i-contact-paypal-customer-service--help378

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Martin0011
Contributor
Contributor

Hello guys apparently my account is limited but I want to change my name. Kindly advice on way forward. Thanks.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

edited

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Martin0011 

https://www.paypal.com/ke/cshelp/article/how-do-i-change-the-name-on-my-paypal-account-HELP564

You can change the name on your account on the web (up to 2 characters) if it's misspelled, and only once after creating your PayPal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Martin0011
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

Thanks for the insight, that as well I am not able to since my account is permanently limited. I guess paypal have to look into that.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Martin0011 

If its limited because you don't have your legal name on your paypal account then you won't be able to lift that limitation.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.