transactions as “ Pppl Au Ce AUD Singapore SGP” on their bank statements?

m_bathurst
Contributor
Contributor
Has anyone else been experiencing paypal transactions now showing all as “ Pppl Au Ce AUD Singapore SGP” on their bank statements?
Login to Me Too
33 REPLIES 33

FosMum
New Community Member
Yes. I had this on my account for a PayPal in 4 payment. The previous payments did not say this, but the one taken yesterday did. It matches the scheduled payment, so thinking it’s legit?
Login to Me Too

m_bathurst
Contributor
Contributor
It seems to have happened in July for all paypal transactions as I had four different businesses all with similar transaction descriptions. Glad its not me but its very weird. The amounts are correct but hope dont get charged a conversion fee. Couldn’t find any information on PayPal amount it. Another forum via google indicated someone said it was a known issue but I cant find any information to confirm this
Login to Me Too

JackiD96
Contributor
Contributor
Hi..I have the same issue..I contacted my bank who advised that the usual PayPal indicator has been changed...it might be be a good idea for PayPal to advise us of this change
Login to Me Too

Redvet433
I have this show on my credit card statement but not on PayPal? And I didn’t buy anything? Anyone have any suggestions?
Login to Me Too

OmarShariff
Contributor
Contributor

In my case, I made 2 payments using my Mastercard. But the merchant got it processed by PayPal, so I'm now getting "PPPL AU PRO AUD SINGAPORE SG" as description, even though I didn't use PayPal to make the payment.

Login to Me Too

Reliz
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, I have one with Singapore and one with London very strange, cannot find anywhere I can contact them other than phone
Login to Me Too

Skinsoxs_22
New Community Member
Yes I noticed it last night that I had been charged 69.99 what have you been told about the situation
Login to Me Too

Lushma
New Community Member

I have had this as well.  Turns out it was for Uber eats.

Login to Me Too

David2104
Contributor
Contributor
How did you find out it was uber eat?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.